Sunday, May 15, 2011

Visiting Vipor

I had a visitor on my patio yesterday, and I have to admit, I was a little alarmed. I was out tending my garden, urging my veggies to grow, when I noticed an odd shaped stick on my patio. Hmmm, what the heck, where'd that come from? Walking closer I noticed that the stick began to move.


Around these parts, your first thought when you see a snake is that it's a rattler! So, I cautiously inched closer, squinting to see if I could detect that notorious rattle at the end of it's tail.


Whew, no rattle! It was a San Diego Gopher Snake, which of course is so cool, because their diet is mainly those pesky gophers that ruin our yard and garden every year! I snapped a couple of photos, and called after him as he slithered away, "Come back soon! And bring your friends next time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment