Thursday, September 22, 2011

My new project!

Like I don't have enough going on, right? Well, if you must know, I really don't have enough going on, but taking on a huge project like this is still pretty daunting.

You may not know this, but my father-in-law, James Strombotne is an unbelievably incredible artist. He's been painting since the mid '50's, and has been garnered with awards and fellowships and has really famous people collecting his art.

My all time fave Strombotne painting
Red Nude
With the hopes of even more exposure in this tech savvy world, and with the help of my husband and his computer guy, Nick Brunson, because normal people cannot understand anything about Wordpress, I have taken on another blog called Studio Strombotne. Although we're still building and working out kinks, (Wordpress, right?) I feel its time to unveil the canvas. (Like the arty reference? Canvas, get it?)

And I can't tell you how thrilled we are about James' art being included in the Pacific Standard Time art event of the century!

So, I hope you stop by and visit, and let me know what you think about the new project! But please be kind, we still are changing and tweeking here and there, but I'd love your bloggy input, too!

See you there! I mean, here!

4 comments:

  1. The new blog looks great! You KNOW I am a fan! I think it's wonderful that you're sharing his work.

    xox cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. the anonymous trick worked, happy to see your comment! thanks for visiting the new site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude! it is such an honor to be included in pacific standard time! that thing is ALL THE RAGE and i am seeing press GALORE for it! which is a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carey, love the new blog and the art is amazing too. I know what you mean about Wordpress. Design-wise thought it's pretty unbeatable. How nice of you to promote the father-in-law's work as well! Pretty soon (I predict) you'll have so many of those lovely chicken eggs you'll have to set up a stand and sell them to the neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete