Sunday, August 1, 2010

Treasures and trash

Admittedly, I am a trash collector. Really, you might say? Well, to me, it's more about the treasures. If you ask my husband, or any other logical thinker, they may call my collections trash. Maybe it's my New England roots, but I unabashedly, and completely adore flea markets. It's one of the most favorite of all my guilty pleasures. All those wonderful, quirky things just waiting to find a new home, a new place of honor. It's almost more than I can take! Today, heading out to the Irvine Swap Meet, I got a really late start. Finally, I made my escape around 10:30. Usually, I try to leave at the very latest by 7:30. Who knows how many wonderful things have already been snatched up getting there so late? I was pleasantly surprised to see the place packed, all those happy people, in their element, milling about and haggling for better pricing. Some days, I don't even barter for one single thing. It's simply a pleasure to touch and see all those lovely trinkets, jewels, pottery, oh, you name it, and it's there. Today, the clouds parted and the sky got a little brighter when I saw two amazing Russell Woodard wire chairs. Both with rocking bases. They were of course, completely out of my price range. What are the odds? So, I asked the seller for her business card, and for the next few days, weeks, or maybe even months, I'll try to convince Mr. Right just how badly we need these chairs! Wish me luck! A girl can dream, can't she?

2 comments:

  1. What no pictures of the chair? How can we help you convince Mr. Right if we don't know what we are talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, ugh, my camera card had just filled up. Try googling Russell Wright Sculptura chair, they are to die for! Now, how can I get my hands on those two beauties?

    ReplyDelete