Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Whose life is this, anyways?

Do you ever feel like your life is not your own? Between my two kids, my husband, and even the dog, sometimes I just feel like they get first dibs, and I get whatever is left over. It's kind of becoming an issue here. I know the kids are not going to be around a whole lot longer, but sometimes it would be nice to be off the clock. Just punch out, tell them to save any questions or comments until tomorrow when I return! Or how about some time off for good behavior? Maybe a vacation?

The firstborn has car trouble, "mom, you've got to come right now!", younger needs money for food, because he doesn't like what I make, "hurry!". School needs money for the uniforms, "right now!". The dog has to get walked. Dishes need doing, laundry doesn't do itself, floors, ceilings, windows. It seems like everybody and everything else gets priority! And, the thing is, the only time anybody notices my work is when it's NOT done! Something's gotta give!

I know a lot of moms. Some of them work, some go to school, some play tennis, some like to shop. How come they get to have lives?
I can't take it anymore!
I truly have to work on this. I've got to regain some part of myself before I go completely nuts! And, if things don't start changing around here, I'm thinking that's not too far away. So, the question is, where the heck do I start?!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's time for a vacation. I know of an empty house in dirtville where no one will ever think to look for you. xox!

    ReplyDelete