Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The heat is on...

It's been hot. Really hot. After such a crappy summer of drizzle and fog, I'm just not used this heat! I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West on the Wizard of Oz after she gets water thrown onto her. "I'm melting, melting! Oh, what a world, what a world!"

"I'm melting...!" 
Anyways, the one good thing about this heat, is cooling off at the beach in the evenings. The hottest day this week by far was Monday. We had scorching temperatures of over 100 degrees! It was said to be the hottest day in Laguna Beach on record. So, after Mr. R. got home from work, I packed up some sandwiches and salads, and we went to the beach to cool down. Ahhh, it was just what we needed! And, we weren't the only ones with such a brainy idea. There were more people on the beach at that time of day than I had ever seen! We sat and talked with friends, ate some cold food, and literally tried to chill-out.


Sunset paddlers

With the water temp at almost 70, so many people were frolicking in the water. Being a warm water junky, for only the second time this year, I jumped in too! And even though it was a work/school day, everyone lingered long after dusk, not wanting to go back to their overheated homes.

2 comments:

  1. It's hot here, today, too! 80 degrees! I had the brainy idea of visiting a sister on the northshore! Soooooooooooooooooo smart of me! Enjoy the late summer, while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you just love brainy ideas? they're so... brainy! xo

    ReplyDelete