Thursday, September 23, 2010

My life in a muumuu

Living in a beach community is lovely and everything, but lately I haven't been fitting into my bikini. Believe it or not, this is a huge issue! Can you imagine my shock when I stepped on the scale this morning, to find that I have gained more pounds?! What the heck is going on?! I mean I exercise, I eat healthily, and I still gain weight? I'm getting so fed up with this crap!

So this weekend is supposed to be gorgeous. We've had such a crummy summer, it would be so great to go to the beach, and not be completely mortified to be in a bathing suit. But no. And the thing that kills me, is that it's the same 5-10 lbs that I gain and lose. I just can't seem to figure out how to really take off the extra baggage, and leave it off for good.

Ok, I know you're judging me on my shallow superficialness. But in this town, where everyone prances their skinny little butts around on surfboards, stand up paddle boards, and in all sorts of other prancing events, it really becomes bigger than I can handle! I mean, you try to keep up with these perfectly perfect A-types! It's not easy!

Anyways, after my devastating weigh-in this morning, I dragged myself out to the militant, but free yoga class at Heisler Park. I actually really like the class, and used to go all the time. It's a pretty hard work out, and usually about halfway through it, I begin to wonder what the heck I'm doing there. But it's outside, and close the beach, so when you're upside down in some weird contortion or another, sweating your butt off, you actually can hear the waves crashing on the shore. Now, that's a nice touch. And I really like to support Carl, our yoga instructor. He collects donations, and sends all of the money he raises to the Tara Abbey in Nepal. Pretty amazing guy, huh?
Reach for the sky
Well, I guess I really have to start kicking my own butt if I'm serious about this little problem I have. And if I keep eating right, hiking, and going to Carl's yoga class, and keep working out, not just my body, but mind too. Maybe it will help my silly, melodramatic bikini fears. Until then, there are always muumuus, right?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to my world, middle age, and menopause is not far behind. Both add to the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gsc, lots to look forward to! i guess perspective is key. i still have teeth, arms and legs that work, and a good sense of humor! what could be better than that?

    ReplyDelete