Friday, December 24, 2010

What's wrong with my tree?

A month or so ago I found this silver aluminum Christmas tree at the swap meet. After dickering with the price, I paid my cash and off I went, the proud new owner of this cool vintage find. I was sooo happy! So, I put up the tree while Mr. R was at work and the kids were at school. They never help much anyways, so I just figured I'd take care of it. Well, they all hate my tree! I was shocked! Ok, it's not in the best shape. It's got a wooden dowel for the trunk, not the original silver covered trunk. And it's got kind of a weird skinny shape to it, and the branches have definitely seen better days. But in it's own vintage way, it's got a lot of charm! My family wanted me to take it down, but luckily everybody was too busy this year to go get another tree. So it stayed!

Very cute, right?

I like my silly tree! Check out my vintage ornament collection.





I've had this one since I was a kid




This is the first and probably the last Christmas with my vintage tree (sigh).
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

6 comments:

  1. Take heart, Care. It beats my tree! Yeah, I've got the invisable tree! I'm at Will and Celina's though and they have a tree, so I'm set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you went to Will's! Tell them hello, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this tree! it has a ton of character! how cool you have ornaments from when you were little. i think it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Janine! I know it's sort of a pathetic Charilie Brown tree, but it is pretty cute in that sad kind of way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Care, the tree is adorable!! And I remember those ornaments very well!! Keep the tree! It's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure can't let guys judge stuff like Christmas trees... Love the elf... I have 4 that I hide in my tree. It wouldn't be Christmas without them!

    ReplyDelete