Sunday, July 31, 2011


It's been a whirlwind of activity around here. People coming and going, dinners in and out, visiting and entertaining. I feel like I've just run a marathon, except for the fact that I haven't actually excersized at all, and I've put on 5 more dreaded pounds. But it's all over, for now. And although it's nice to get back to my normal life remembering what my family and friends look like, and catching up on the scrubbing detail that I've been ignoring, I really do miss all of the energy that has been swirling around me for the last 3 weeks or so. I kind of like ditching my responsibilities for play time, yea, that's the kind of person I am.

So, catching up a little...

My new camera that I was going on (and on) about - well, it broke after only having it a few days. I contacted my photographer guru, Ed Krebs, after scouring the internet trying to figure out what was wrong with it, and luckily he was able to fix it. Whew. It had felt like a new love that had soured after only a few wonderful, blissful days together. But, thanks to Ed, the love affair is still going strong.

Since the end of June, we've had a friend of mine's son staying with us from Houston. He was interning after his first year of college, and what better place to intern than Laguna Beach? He wasn't much trouble, and actually really liked pretty much everything that I cooked, unlike my own offspring. After he was here for a few weeks, his mom, one of my best friends, came to stay, too. I love this woman, she is so full of life and energy, and I get to see all of my friends who live in town (she used to live here in Laguna), but I never see because we are all too busy to get together. Strange that it takes someone visiting to see friends who live right down the street.

Then my sister-in-law from Maui came to visit. We don't get to see her very much, because, well, she lives in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, so it's always a real treat to have her here. The Houston gang and the Maui sister-in-law overlapped for a couple of days, which was just a little crazy, but a lot of fun.

All was back to normal(?) yesterday. The guests are gone, the house is quiet, and my chores are calling  me to get my butt in gear. I've got to get back to my routines, however boring they seem to be. Besides, I don't think that I could physically handle another wine induced day. Well ok, maybe that's going a bit too far.

I like my random picture of lifeguards. It may take me awhile to get any sense of focus back.

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh! I'm glad you figured out your camera! Now stop ogling the life guards and go clean the house!

    Have the boys returned, too?

    Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
    Stumpy and me